If you like to ‘people watch’ as much as I do you will probably have noticed how people never scurry and scream while they stream through downtown Los Angeles, they just slump and jostle along like zombies.
Well we’re not making a zombie movie, are we?
What we need is something to make them run for their goddamn lives, so that they actually think they are about to die. That would make good cinema.
I thought about live mortar rounds, too dangerous. Or water balloons from overhead, wheelbarrows of water balloons, yeah, or maybe hooking up a fire hose and drenching them, sending them fleeing all in one direction, but that would probably be too obvious. Like the real threat is a little bit of rain, or like this thirty-foot monster was taking a piss and it burned real bad.
Could be, come to think of it. We would need a ton of piss. Hmmmm.
in case you are interested…
Mitch’s 5 Movie Mash Rules For Making A Successful Book a Movie That Is Just As Good
1) The author was a complete unknown (Titanic 1994).
2) It was actually a graphic novel or comic book (Avengers: Ultra Intercepts 2015).
3) It is the second installment in a series (The Hangover Part II 2011).
4) @Todd does NOT bark his little head off for most of a week until you let him see it (Harry Potter and the Deadly Cancer 2010).
5) There are NO children in the cinema (Monsters University 2013) because @Todd hates children.